If your hens are popping out eggs faster than you can cook them, you likely can’t tell which eggs were laid yesterday and which were laid a few weeks ago.
Most folks just place their newly collected eggs in the same container. Maybe you do too?
You could mark them with a date … so you always know when they were collected, but is this really the best way to keep them organized? And how much time are you wasting finding the right ones?
Having lots of eggs isn’t a bad problem to have, but it does beg the question – how do you store them so that you always use the oldest ones first?
Egg Challenges to Consider
First and foremost, you don’t want to consume an egg that’s gone bad!
So maintaining them in the order they were collected is a safer practice than just placing them in an open container. In this configuration, you’d never know which ones to grab first.
Second, eggs stored in an environment with other dishes, like a refrigerator, can absorb the flavors of the other foods. Keeping them in an open space in a beautiful spiral or egg skelter will add some spice to the kitchen and efficiency in your egg selection process. At the very least, it’ll be a conversation starter.
And last, eggs are more delicious and pure when cooked at room temperature. Any good chef will tell you this. They mix better and taste better when stored and served at a constant temperature.
So there you go. In my humble opinion, there’s simply no reason to store your eggs anyplace else. You can certainly build an egg skelter yourself using some common household items and a little creativity. It even sounds like a fun do-it-yourself (DIY) project for the whole family.
Or you can buy one online.
If this sounds like something you’d like to check out, I’ve put together a list of the top egg skelters from Amazon so you can get a quick overview of the top models in just one sitting.
Best Egg Skelters
- Rotates 360 degree and new spiraling design with non-slip fine felt base.
- Sturdy metal construction and wire frame with black finish to suit today's modern kitchen lifestyle.
- It can holds 3 dozen eggs.
- Rotating rack allows you to easily access to different eggs.
- New compact design for decorative and indoor use, ideal for storing eggs neatly within your kitchen; keeps all eggs in sight & work surfaces clutter free,saves space.
- Safe Rack for Eggs - The Egg Skelter is made of sturdy powder-coated steel structure helps keep your eggs safely stored. The perfect way to holding and organizing your fresh eggs
- Holds up to 20 eggs - The unique way to store and display your backyard eggs on your countertop. It will hold up to 20 hen's eggs, depending on egg size. Its modern design is perfect for any home, kitchen or business
- Practical Design - The Egg Skelter is the perfect place to store them. Add your fresh eggs to the top of the skelter, and the downward spiral design keeps the oldest eggs at the bottom for you to easily pull from. You'll always know what egg needs to be...
- Space Saving - This egg storage container can be placed on the table or kitchen counter, leaving storage space for other foods stored in the fridge
- Elegant Appearance - This delicate egg skelter is an artwork and a nice decoration for your kitchen
- -Safe and stylish rack for eggs: compact design for decorative and indoor use, ideal for storing eggs neatly within your kitchen; keeps all eggs in sight & work surfaces clutter free, saves space
- -Perfect storage: perfect for storing, organizing, and displaying fresh eggs and dispensing them when necessary
- -Large capacity: holds up to 22 eggs and allows you to easily access to different eggs
- -Well-constructed: sturdy metal construction with black coating. Approximate Dimensions: 12.5” H X 8.25” Diameter.
- -Remember: always take eggs from the bottom and it will ensure the oldest eggs get used first
- Works For Sorting New To Old-You can keep the oldest eggs at the bottom for you to easily pick out. You'll always know what egg needs to be used first
- Keep Eggs Safey-This egg rack is very stable and can protect the eggs from breaking.
- Holds Up To 20-24 Eggs - It can hold up to 20-24 eggs, depending on eggs’ size.
- Spiral Design-Due to the different size of the egg,maybe the eggs can't roll down. At this moment,I'm so sorry that you have to manually rotate or roll eggs down the ramp to grab the egg.
- Display and organize your eggs like never before with this freestanding egg dispenser rack
- The Brentmoor Egg display conveniently holds 36 eggs, freeing up some much needed space in your refrigerator.
- The Spiral Skelter is made from durable chrome iron which ensures that the eggs roll slowly towards the bottom as you remove eggs.
- The 360° Rotation base allows you to spin the rack around and choose your desired egg to create the perfect fried egg, pancake or crepe.
- We suggest to add newer eggs to the top of the display and to remove eggs from the bottom, this way you will ensure that "older" eggs get used first.
- Included in this amazing offer is: 1 x Spiral Egg Skelter Rack (41 x 15 x 15 cm / 16 x 6 x 6 inch) complete with 2 x Round Egg Rings
- Made of high quality plastic,which is strong and durable.
- Keeping eggs in order,well protected without breaking egg shells.
- Make foods clean and fresh,transparent drawer type with slope design,easy to store or take out eggs.
- Very convenient and suitable for home and kitchen use,can hold 12pcs eggs at once.
- More safer to store your eggs while there is no space inside of the fridge.
- Holds up to 24 eggs! - generally holds up to 24, but capacity will depend on egg’s size.
- Sturdy steel! - constructed of steel and built to last through multiple uses.
- Sleek & modern! - designed to save space and fits virtually any size egg.
- First come, first serve! - always remove from the bottom to ensure older eggs get used first!
- Overall Dimensions - 7. 50" X 7. 50" X 10. 63” - Black color
- Holds up to 24 eggs (but maximum capacity varies based on your egg size).
- Modern Spiral Design, Color Black.
- Perfect space saving design.
- Use as a dispenser, pulling from the bottom to get the oldest egg first!
- Great for any home or kitchen!
- DETAILS —Diameter x Height:7"x10.2"/(18*26cm); Weight :0.5kg/1.3lb ;Color :Black; Material: Chrome;
- EGG STORAGE —for your kitchen , Cream Wire egg roller storage in helter skelter design, make your eggs easy to hand .Can hold 12-20 eggs ,depending on your eggs’ size .
- CARRY HANDLE —You can take it anywhere easily as you like ,not only in the kitchen but also in your dinner room .
- Best egg holder for your table with a big family or party , put the boiled egg on the rack and take it to your table ,everybody will love it ,especially children ,they will fall in love with eggs .
- Eggs not include. Because of the insufficiency of the design, coupled with the size of the egg is differ,maybe the eggs do not roll down, but it's no problem to slide them down. It helps make eating the oldest eggs first very simple.Maybe you need to...
Amazon product data was last updated on 2020-05-28.