If your hens are popping out eggs faster than you can cook them, you likely can’t tell which eggs were laid yesterday and which were laid a few weeks ago.
Most folks just place their newly collected eggs in the same container. Maybe you do too?
You could mark them with a date … so you always know when they were collected, but is this really the best way to keep them organized? And how much time are you wasting finding the right ones?
Having lots of eggs isn’t a bad problem to have, but it does beg the question – how do you store them so that you always use the oldest ones first?
Egg Challenges to Consider
First and foremost, you don’t want to consume an egg that’s gone bad!
So maintaining them in the order they were collected is a safer practice than just placing them in an open container. In this configuration, you’d never know which ones to grab first.
Second, eggs stored in an environment with other dishes, like a refrigerator, can absorb the flavors of the other foods. Keeping them in an open space in a beautiful spiral or egg skelter will add some spice to the kitchen and efficiency in your egg selection process. At the very least, it’ll be a conversation starter.
And last, eggs are more delicious and pure when cooked at room temperature. Any good chef will tell you this. They mix better and taste better when stored and served at a constant temperature.
So there you go. In my humble opinion, there’s simply no reason to store your eggs anyplace else. You can certainly build an egg skelter yourself using some common household items and a little creativity. It even sounds like a fun do-it-yourself (DIY) project for the whole family.
Or you can buy one online.
If this sounds like something you’d like to check out, I’ve put together a list of the top egg skelters from Amazon so you can get a quick overview of the top models in just one sitting.
Best Egg Skelters
- EGGCELLENT FEATURES - Portable wooden egg holder holds 18 eggs with convenient hand grip and 4 eva pads rubber stopper that hold the platter on countertop. Decorative fresh egg holder storage for all types of chicken coop eggs.
- EGGCELLENT USES - Smart multi-function deviled stackable crates, serving tray for hardboiled eggs, cupcakes and chocolate or cheese balls. Sub-cutting board you can count on a small chopping tasks. Useful for Easter painted and farmhouse eggs display.
- EGGCELLENT SIZE and MATERIAL -Crafted with an ideal size of 11.8x6.2x1.18". Bamboo is naturally hard and durable. It adds beauty on counter top. Also, fridge, camping, and party gadgets decor. Lid free leaves an easy access to eggs anywhere.
- EGGCELLENT CHOICE - Fancy chicken coop tray, Perfect alternative for egg carton 18, wooden egg carton, molded pulp container, disposable and plastic containers, glass, and egg basket.
- EGGCELLENT FACT - Like eggs a lot? Egg is a vital source of high-quality protein and mineral. Bamboo is a rustic material known for its liquid absorbent feature and bacteria fighter. Putting them together is eggcellent!
- Holds up to 24 eggs! - generally holds up to 24, but capacity will depend on egg’s size.
- Sturdy steel! - constructed of steel and built to last through multiple uses.
- Sleek & modern! - designed to save space and fits virtually any size egg.
- First come, first serve! - always remove from the bottom to ensure older eggs get used first!
- Overall Dimensions - 7. 50" X 7. 50" X 10. 63” - Brown color
- Rotates 360 degree and new spiraling design with non-slip fine felt base.
- Sturdy metal construction and wire frame with black finish to suit today's modern kitchen lifestyle.
- It can holds 3 dozen eggs.
- Rotating rack allows you to easily access to different eggs.
- New compact design for decorative and indoor use, ideal for storing eggs neatly within your kitchen; keeps all eggs in sight & work surfaces clutter free,saves space.
- Safe Rack for Eggs - The Egg Skelter is made of sturdy powder-coated steel structure helps keep your eggs safely stored. The perfect way to holding and organizing your fresh eggs
- Holds up to 20 eggs - The unique way to store and display your backyard eggs on your countertop. It will hold up to 20 hen's eggs, depending on egg size. Its modern design is perfect for any home, kitchen or business
- Practical Design - The Egg Skelter is the perfect place to store them. Add your fresh eggs to the top of the skelter, and the downward spiral design keeps the oldest eggs at the bottom for you to easily pull from. You'll always know what egg needs to be...
- Space Saving - This egg storage container can be placed on the table or kitchen counter, leaving storage space for other foods stored in the fridge
- Elegant Appearance - This delicate egg skelter is an artwork and a nice decoration for your kitchen
- Works For Sorting New To Old-You can keep the oldest eggs at the bottom for you to easily pick out. You'll always know what egg needs to be used first
- Keep Eggs Safey-This egg rack is very stable and can protect the eggs from breaking.
- Holds Up To 20-24 Eggs - It can hold up to 20-24 eggs, depending on eggs’ size.
- Spiral Design-Due to the different size of the egg,maybe the eggs can't roll down. At this moment,I'm so sorry that you have to manually rotate or roll eggs down the ramp to grab the egg.
- Display and organize your eggs like never before with this freestanding egg dispenser rack
- Perfect for storing, organizing, and displaying fresh eggs and dispensing them when necessary.
- Keeps all eggs in sight & work surfaces clutter free,saves space.
- Sturdy iron art frame to suit today's modern kitchen lifestyle.
- Rotating rack allows you to easily access to different eggs.
- The stylish design compliments retro vintage, shabby chic or modern contemporary kitchen decors.
- ✔️ [Egg Holder]-Spiral Egg Holder adopts a swirling design and is made of solid iron with a black coating on the surface, suitable for any style of kitchen. It has a large capacity and can hold up to 12-18 eggs.
- ✔️ [Rotate 360 degrees]-The rotating Helter Skelter Egg Holder Stand Rack allows you to easily pick and place different eggs without having to lift and move them. We also include a non-slip base to ensure it is firmly fixed in place and protect...
- ✔️ [Multifunctional]-This kitchen storage rack can be used to hold a variety of different items, not just eggs. The stand is very suitable for storing and displaying small fruits such as oranges, kiwis, limes and lemons.
- ✔️ [New and compact design]-Spiral Egg Holder is suitable for decoration and indoor use. It is an ideal choice for neatly storing eggs in the kitchen; it keeps all eggs visible and cleanliness of the work surface, saving space.
- ✔️ Unique visual experience]-The solid metal structure and the wire frame with black surface make full use of the vertical space of the kitchen or storage room. The rotating egg rack brings a beautiful visual experience, which is very suitable for...
- 100% customer Satisfaction Guarantee:If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to provide you with your choice of a replacement or refund.We stand by our products 100% and want our customers to love them as...
- compact design for decorative and indoor use, ideal for storing eggs neatly within your kitchen; keeps all eggs in sight & work surfaces clutter free, saves space
- sturdy metal construction with black coating. Approximate Dimensions: 8 x 8 x 10 inches Diameter.
- always take eggs from the bottom and it will ensure the oldest eggs get used first
- 5.It can hold up to 20-24 eggs, depending on eggs’ size.
- Powder-coated metal construction for long lasting durability
- Ideal way to store eggs in oldest to newest order
- Holds up to 18 eggs
- Fits any size egg
- Makes a great decorative conversation piece
- Efficient Organization: Make full use of the vertical space in the kitchen or storage room.
- Beautiful and Generous: The rack brings a beautiful visual experience.
- Large Capacity: Can hold 12-18 normal-sized eggs at the same time.
- Stable Structure: The rigorous mechanical structure fully ensures the safety of eggs.
- Excellent Gift: A perfect gift for family and friends.
- SAFE RACK FOR EGGS : The Egg Skelter is made of sturdy powder-coated steel structure helps keep your eggs safely stored. The perfect way to holding and organizing your fresh eggs
- HOLDS UP TO 20 EGGS : The unique way to store and display your backyard eggs on your countertop. It will hold up to 20 hen's eggs, depending on egg size. Its modern design is perfect for any home, kitchen or business
- SPACE SAVING : This egg storage container can be placed on the table or kitchen counter, leaving storage space for other foods stored in the fridge
- PRACTICAL DESIGN : The Egg Skelter is the perfect place to store them. Add your fresh eggs to the top of the skelter, and the downward spiral design keeps the oldest eggs at the bottom for you to easily pull from. You'll always know what egg needs to be...
- ELEGANT APPEARANCE : This delicate egg skelter is an artwork and a nice decoration for your kitchen
- FUNCTIONAL and RUSTIC Egg Tray
- BEAUTIFUL DESIGN and Perfect Handmade High Quality Workmanship
- DURABLE and VERSATILE, Easy to Wash
- ESSENTIAL Part of any Kitchen, Fits Nicely in any Fridge, Portable Enough to Bring for Picnic or Camping
- 18 EGG HOLES TRAY, Slots for Storing and Displaying ALL KIND OF EGGS: Fresh, Boiled, Deviled, Easter Eggs or Egg Shaped Objects
Amazon product data was last updated on 2020-09-28.